Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: pokey reese

  1. #1
    Inactive Member front office's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 9th, 2002
    Posts
    2
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Anyone else think that the Tribe should jump at the chance to sign Pokey Reese to a 3yr/9mil deal? Sure we already got Guiterrez, but he can be utility in a heartbeat. Plus, it gives us some flexibility in the infield for the future. An infield of Thome, Reese, Visquel, and Fryman wouldn't be too bad at all. Pokey is a legitimate leadoff hitter as well, dropping Lawton into the 2 hole where he belongs, leaving Visquel hitting 9th, that way when the lineup rolls around, we would have all types of speed on the bases. I would love to see this lineup at the start of the season:
    Reese, Lawton, Fryman, Thome, Burks, Branyan, Bradley, Diaz, Visquel

    ------------------

  2. #2
    Inactive Member *TR's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 11th, 2001
    Posts
    261
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Pokey a lead-off hitter?? Did you notice anything about his stats the last two years?
    Go ahead and check them out. He can't even get on base.

    ------------------

  3. #3
    Inactive Member The Crank's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 15th, 2001
    Posts
    464
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Thumbs up

    No, Alex, actually its either Pokey or Omar. I know you wanna get rid of Guiterrez, but take my word for it - whether its at ss or 2b, Guiterrez is playing for the Indians this year.

    ------------------

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Wilhelm's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 17th, 2001
    Posts
    110
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    We don't need a utility man. Jolbert Cabrera is one of the best in the league. Kaiser thinks that's why Shapiro brought in another 2B instead of handing it to Jolbert. Last year, the league watched Cameron's success and we are hoping to duplicate it.

    We sign Pokey, Omar is out.

    ------------------

  5. #5
    HB Forum Moderator Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 29th, 2000
    Posts
    11,383
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by The Crank:
    No, Alex, actually its either Pokey or Omar. I know you wanna get rid of Guiterrez, but take my word for it - whether its at ss or 2b, Guiterrez is playing for the Indians this year.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

    Crankster, I biggest concern about Ricky G. is his apparent lack of speed...perhaps he has more than is being reported.

    ------------------
    Alex

  6. #6
    HB Forum Moderator Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 29th, 2000
    Posts
    11,383
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I think it's an either or proposition...either Rickey G OR Pokey Reese.

    4 million a year is expensive for a utility man.

    I don't know if Pokey follows a workout regime in the off-season, but if he does, I would have rather gone for him, his gold glove fielding, and hope that Eddie Murray can resurrect his hitting.

    However, I'm also hoping Rickey G brings intangbiles to the team. I just wish he had a little more speed than what I'm hearing.

    ------------------
    Alex

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •